2021 SMHA Covid19 Information
Important All 2021 Sydney Masters Hockey Team Co-ordinatorsAssociated documents:
- SOPA Conditions of entry
- Hockey NSW COVID Safety Plan 2021
- SOPHC Covid-19 Safety Plan Community Sporting Competitions (v10)
- SMHA Club Checklist
- SMHA COVID Incident Reporting (2021)
- Umpire Checklist
As you know Sydney Masters Hockey Association (SMHA) commenced the 2021 hockey season with preseason matches in “The Cartridge World” Competition from Monday 1st February 2021.
SMHA still has an approved a Level C (Competition) COVID Safety Plan from Hockey NSW. (See attached updated 2021 plan).
Special Important Note from SMHA
In all training and playing (includes local competitions and representative championships) organised by / associated with Sydney Masters Hockey Association (SMHA), all players and officials (ie you) acknowledge that, even with rigorous capacity and control measures in place at Hockey venues, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19.
By training or playing at venues you have considered that risk and your own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that you may have or that of persons whom you will be in close contact with following training or a match.
You acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences.
By attending training or a game you (and any persons who attend with you) acknowledge and accept these obvious risks.
Also as part of the 2021 SMHA Competition, a Venue COVID Safety Plan has been provided by the Sydney Olympic Park Authority (SOPA) for 2021 which has specific requirements for the Sydney Hockey Centre (where all 2021 SMHA matches will be played) for entry and throughout the Hockey Centre that must be adhered too. – See attached COVID document effective from 21 December 2020 (updated on 12 January 2021).
The items below are some of the specific REMINDERS (as part of the SOPA Venue COVID Safety Plan) for everyone who will be participating in the 2021 SMHA competitions etc to fully observe and comply with at all times viz -
- Adhere to assigned entry and exit points.
- Social distancing requirements (at all times in accordance with Public Health requirements) must be observed
- Wash and/or sanitise hands upon entry/exit and before and after using toilet facilities.
- Wash your hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes and dispose of tissues.
- Stay home if feeling unwell. If symptoms develop onsite leave the venue immediately and follow the COVID-19 testing advice as per NSW Health guidelines.
- Basic warm up and stretching should be completed on areas around the fields and prior to entering the dugout areas.
- Showers and changeroom facilities are closed. Toilets facilities will be available.
- Drink fountains are not in use, bring your own water bottle.
- Bring your own labelled personal equipment and keep within your designated booked space.
- Consider your personal circumstances and whether you are at greater risk of more serious illness with COVID-19 (refer to health.gov.au). Seek your own medical advice and consider not visiting the venue if possible.
- Entry is required through the main gate outside Olympic field and every person MUST sign in using Service NSW QR Code where possible (otherwise manual sign in)
- Adhere to the NSW Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 and related exemption orders.
Updating (as necessary) of the Club Checklist is required by each Club / Team prior to the commencement of the 2021 season :
a. Appoint person for contact on COVID 19 related items. This will be the recently advised Team Co-Ordinator (for every team) unless they otherwise provide an alternative contact person.
b. The 2021 Teams Co-ordinator name / contact details are already held by the SMHA Competition Managers
c. Understand and ensure Club / Team Checklist Points are done.
The Club / Team Safety Plan should be:
- Adoption of the SOPA Hockey Centre venue rules
- Adoption of the “get in, play, get out” protocol
- Adoption of Individual Checklist items.
d. Distribute the Individual Checklist and SOPA Hockey Centre requirements to all players.
e. Understand the Procedure for COVID Cases Reporting (possible cases). Refer documents top of page.